Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
TAKE THE PATH LESS TRAVELED
The Traxxas TRX-4® Scale and Trail™ Crawler is an all-new Traxxas design that is loaded with innovation that instantly obsoletes the status quo with exciting new features, versatility, and capability. In other words, we built it the Traxxas way, rugged, powerful, and ready for fun!
Underneath the authentic scale look is a machine built for extreme off-road capability that takes you to new places and new adventures. Exclusive portal axles deliver maximum ground clearance that dramatically turns “no way” into “no problem.” Whether you are enjoying outdoor trails or getting technical on the rocks, the remote-locking front and rear differentials and high/low range transmission provide unmatched driving versatility.
- TRX-4, Ready-To-Race model
- XL-5 HV waterproof electronic speed control
- Titan 21T reverse rotation motor
- TQi 2.4GHz radio system with cruise control
- High quality maintenance tools
TRX-4 accepts a wide variety of NiMH (4 cell) and LiPo (2s, 3s) batteries.
Traxxas EZ-Peak Live charger is recommended for easy and fast charging performance (model #2971).
AA Alkaline Batteries
Four AA alkaline batteries for the transmitter.
- Officially Licensed Land Rover Defender Body
- Injection molded scale details including grille, snorkel, and side mirrors
- Rugged, functional roll cage
- Tough fender flares
- Front bumper with tow hooks and replica winch
- Rear bumper with scale accessories and functional spare tire
- Full Nylon composite wheel wells and floor pans
- Trail-tuned XL-5 HV Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- Fully waterproof design
- Five drive profiles
- Sport Mode — forward / brake / reverse
- Race Mode — forward / brake / no reverse
- Training Mode™ — 50% forward / 100% brake / 50% reverse (patented)
- Trail Mode — forward / brake / reverse / with trail-tuned drag brake in neutral
- Crawl Mode — forward / instant reverse - no neutral with 100% hill holding brake
- Traxxas EZ-Set® one-button setup
- Large, efficient heat sink
- Wide voltage latitude 6–7 cell NiMH (7.2–8.4V) and 2–3S LiPo (7.4–11.1V)
- Two stage low voltage protection (LVD)
- Powerful Titan™ 21T reverse rotation motor with internal cooling fan
- Precision, preset gear mesh adjustments
- Motor retention separate from gear mesh
- Portal Axles
- Increase ground clearance (3.14”)
- Eliminate torque twist
- Steel gears
- Improve axle geometry and reduce strain on driveshafts
- Rigid Steel Frame
- 1.5mm thick steel frame rails increase torsional rigidity
- Innovative design allows four wheelbase positions (300mm, 312mm, 324mm, 336mm)
- Adjustable rear shock tower positions for SWB and LWB configurations
- Bumpers adjust fore and aft
- Rugged rock rails adjust for width
- Wire routing clips integrated into frame rails
- Full-time shaft driven 4-wheel drive
- Tough 6mm stub axles
- Steel front CV driveshafts
- Hardened steel rear axle shafts
- Remote locking steel gear differentials with cable-actuation
- Steel gear transfer case
- Innovative Battery Compartment
- Hinged battery strap allows quick and easy battery access
- No pins to lose
- Accommodates different height batteries
- Accepts full-size long battery packs
- Integrated compartment accepts smaller 1/16 scale batteries (with optional strap)
- Two speed high/low range with remote shifting
- Dual horizontal shafts
- Twin friction plate slipper clutch
- Easily removed for servicing
- Chassis mounted 2075X metal gear digital servo
- Superior 45° steering angle
- Direct steering (no servo saver)
- Steering geometry corrected for bump steer
- Front — 3 link with panhard
- Rear — Triangulated 4 link
- Heavy-duty rod ends with steel hollow balls
- 5mm diameter steel link rods with 4mm threaded ends
- Aluminum GTS Shocks
- Oil-filled coilover GTS shocks exclusive to TRX-4 chassis
- Silver-anodized aluminum bodies
- Threaded bodies with collars easily adjust ride height
- Silky smooth damping for the toughest trails
- O-ring cap seal and dual X-ring shaft seals
- Wheels and Tires
- 1.9” Canyon Trail tires with trail-tuned foam inserts
- Pre-glued and mounted to tough black scale wheels
- Trail tuned S1 rubber compound
- 12mm steel hex
- TQi™ 2.4GHz 4-channel transmitter
- Traxxas Link enabled
- Telemetry ready #6533 5-channel micro receiver with failsafe
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link enabled models
- Exclusive Cruise Control feature for extended trail driving
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle endpoints
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- Patented O-Ring sealed watertight receiver box keeps the micro receiver dry
- Sealed Ball Bearings
- Hex hardware with rust-resistant black oxide coating
- Length : 23.07 inches (586mm)
- Front Track : 9.78 inches (249mm)
- Rear Track : 9.78 inches (249mm)
- Ground Clearance : 3.14 inches (80mm)
- Weight : 7.43lb (3.372kg)
- Height : 11.48 inches (292mm)
- Wheelbase : 12.75 inches (324mm)
- Approach Angle : 56.49°
- Departure Angle : 41.67°
- Breakover Angle : 57°
- Front Shock Length : 3.54 inches (90mm)
- Rear Shock Length : 3.54 inches (90mm)
- Front Wheels : 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
- Rear Wheels : 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
- Front Tires : 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
- Rear Tires : 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
- Hex Size : 12mm
- Speed Control : XL-5 HV
- Motor (electric) : 21T Reverse Rotation
- Transmission : 2-speed Hi-Lo, Remote Shifting
- Gear Pitch : 32P
- Differential Type : 4 Gear, Remote Locking
- Chassis Structure / Material : Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers
- Brake Type : Electronic “Hill Hold”
- Drive System : Shaft Driven 4WD
- Steering : Chassis Mounted Servo
- Servo : 2075X Metal Gear
- Transmitter : TQi 2.4 GHz 4-Channel Transmitter
- Receiver : 6533
- Skill Level : 1
- Battery Tray : 158.75 L x 47 W x 23/26mm H
Order before 11am, and your item will ship same day (Australia Only)
If your order is coming from more than one location:
We suggest you order with Standard Shipping rather than Express (this is due in part to transportation time between stores to get your order combined and sent from 1 location which will delay your "express" postage option).
NOTE - On large mail items (over 1 Metre) Large mail items over 1m will have a delay due to shipping via courier being needed.
Incorrect Delivery Info/Contact Details:
Hearns Hobbies is not held accountable for incorrect delivery / contact information entered in by the user at checkout. Please check your details are correct before submitting your order.
If you have entered your details incorrectly when you checked out,
please contact us via phone or direct message IMMEDIATELY.
At Hearns Hobbies, we are very efficient with processing orders (meaning your order may already be packed and sorted) so speedy notification is required to allow for immediate intervention in order to change your details.
For more information, or if you are buying Internationally? Feel free to read our Shipping Policy before ordering.
It is highly recommended by Hearns Hobbies to opt for additional
Insurance or "Extra Cover" to protect your delivery from possible damage or loss on the carriers part. If an item that is not insured is
lost / damaged during delivery / transit then the lost item compensation / refund is up to the discretion of the carrier.
Hearns Hobbies offers shipping with Insurance / "Extra Cover", however this option is not applied by default and is at the discretion of the buyer to select upon checkout. Standard shipping DOES NOT include insurance by default.
International Shipping Insurance:
International shipping by default does not come with insurance.
Please be aware of this before checking out. If you would like insurance please Contact Us beforehand so we can see what can be organised.
Hearns Hobbies IS NOT responsible for refunding or replacing a damaged/broken items with no insurance.
We CAN NOT ship any dangerous goods internationally, if you place an order for dengerous goods we will have to apply a restocking fee.
Read AUSPOSTS statement on Compensation on damaged goods: https://auspost.com.au/receiving/delayed-lost-or-damaged-items/compensation
Read more about Insurance and refunds on our Refund Policy page: https://www.hearnshobbies.com/policies/refund-policy
What are pre-orders? Pre-orders, are an order for a product placed before it is available for purchase.
What are back-orders? Back-Orders allow you to place an order for a product, that is temporarily out of stock.
How much are pre-orders / back-orders? Prices may vary slighlty (from what was paid on the day of the order). Whilst we try to maintain the lowest possible price, factors such as supplier price and exchange rate fluctuations, could affect the final price when we receive it in store.
Note: Pre-orders could in some cases be a deposit price, without any knowledge of a final price from the Supplier or Manufacturer. In all cases you will be notified if there is a significant price change, from what was originally paid, before shipping.
How long do I have to wait for my pre-order / back-order? All
orders will be shipped once stock has arrived and full payment has been made, with the exception of Manufacturer Release Dates on some Pre-order Products. Waiting time depends on many factors, which are mostly out of our control. They could be for example, Manufacturing delays (due to global pandemics), Supplier shortages, or shipping delays.
Why am I being charged for my pre-order/back-order, even though the product isn’t released/re-stocked yet? This
is pre-payment for an item's payment and delivery costs that isn’t released yet to ensure as soon as it arrives your order can be fulfilled and sent out to you a.s.a.p. Not all orders will be charged shipping depending on size, and total order amount (see our website for current shipping to find out more and our shipping policy for more information).
Read our full FAQ on Frequently Asked Questions page.
For detailed information on shipping of pre orders please read our Shipping Policy.
For detailed information on returns of pre orders please read our Returns Policy.